The term Reiki comes from two Japanese words – "Rei" (universal) and "ki" (life force energy). Lifeforce energy is stated to flow through all living beings. Reiki healing therapy is used worldwide in several places, including clinics, hospitals and private therapy centres. It helps people in becoming physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually energetic and balanced.
Benefits Of Receiving Reiki Healing Therapy
People are popularly using Reiki therapy for stress reduction, mind relaxation and symptom relief. In simple words, Reiki healing is practised for improving the overall well being of the patient. How Does Reiki Work to do the following benefits on the patient:
- It brings about peace and a state of deep relaxation
- It dissolves all the energy blockages and tension from the patient's body.
- Strengthens the body's immune system
- Reiki detoxifies the body from all the stress, tension and toxins.
- It helps in relieving the pain
- Stimulates the healing process post any injury or surgery.
- Improve the supply of the universal life force energy to the body parts in need.
- It improves the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well being of the patient.
How Does Reiki Work?
A Reiki practitioner works as a channel between the patient and the universal life force energy source. The energy flows from the practitioner's hand to the patient—each Reiki session mostly lastly up to 50 minutes. For the therapy, the patient is made to sit on a comfortable chair or made to lie on a treatment bed, fully dressed.
The Reiki practitioner lightly places the hand over or above the patient's body in the specific regions where the energy is required. They use a series of around 12 to 15 different hand positions and check for the patient's comfort. The time duration in which the practitioner leaves their hand in each body's position determines the flow of energy through their hands to the patient's body parts. No pressure and massage are done during the therapy session.
Patients experience several sensations in their bodies during the post-session, such as heat, pulsing, or tingling in the parts where the practitioner is worked. Some of the patients also felt something moving through their bodies. However, some experienced nothing at all. But the most common feeling among every patient is the feeling of peace, thus, making them feel asleep during the treatment.