These chakras are located in the astral body and the spine – starting from the base of the spine and running straight to the crown of the head. The energy chakras coincide with a gland in your, and each radiates a specific colour and energy.
Each chakra is related to specific emotional, physical, spiritual and physical aspects of a human being. Thus malfunction or blockage in these chakras can lead to emotional, physical and psychological disorders. Thus, the balancing of these energy chakras will lead to your well-being. The sole purpose of practising Reiki and asana is to balance and stimulate the energy in your body.
A Guide about the 7 Energy Chakras of Your Body!
Muladhara Chakra – The Root Chakra
- The base of the spine - between anus and genitals, is where Muladhara Chakra is located in your body.
- This chakra radiates red colour and represents the element earth.
- The Root Chakra is characterized by emotions of stability, survival, self-sufficiency and ambition.
- Imbalance of this chakra can make a person feel unstable, insecure, frustrated, fearful and ambitious less.
- Moreover, with balanced chakras, you would feel confident, balanced, strong, stable, independent and energetic.
- Practising Tree Pose (Vrkshasana) and Mountain Pose (Tadasana) can help you balance Muladhara Chakra.
Svadhishthana Chakra – The Sacral Chakra
- Svadhishthana Chakra is located at the lower abdomen, i.e., about four fingers below the navel.
- This chakra radiates orange colour and represents the element - water.
- The aspects of Sacral Chakra are the basic needs for desires, creativity, sexuality and self-worth.
- The imbalance of this chakra might make you feel emotionally unstable, irritated, obsessed with sexual thoughts and manipulative.
- But when it is balanced, you would feel vital, satisfied, intuitive, positive and compassionate.
- Practising Crow Pose (Kakasana) or Triangle Pose (Trikonasana) would help you improve your Svadhishthana Chakra.
Manipura Chakra – The Solar Plexus Chakra
- Solar Plexus Chakra is located slightly above your navel and below the bottom of the rib cage.
- The chakra radiates yellow colour and represents the element - fire.
- The Manipura Chakra affects the energy level and emotions like anger, ego and frustration.
- Its imbalance can manifest itself physically by diabetes or liver and digestive problems.
- You might struggle with depression, anger, lack of self-esteem and perfectionism.
- But by balancing the chakra, one can feel confident, focused, energetic and productive.
- Practising Cobra Pose (Bhujanasana), Bow Pose (Dhanurasana) and Forward Bend (Paschimottanasana) can help you improve your Solar Plexus Chakra.
Anahata Chakra – The Heart Chakra
- The Heart Chakra is located in the heart region of your body.
- The chakra radiates green colour and represents the element air.
- The fourth chakra, or the Heart Chakra, is the seat of balance within the body and is characterized by emotions of love, passion, attachment, compassion and trust.
- Whenever the chakra is imbalanced, you might deal with emotional problems like jealously, fear, anxiety, lack of trust, anger and moodiness.
- By balancing this chakra, you would feel friendly, optimistic, motivated, caring, and understanding.
- Practising Fish Pose (Matsyasana) and Half Bridge Pose (Ardha Setubandhasana) enhances your Heart Chakra.
Vishuddha Chakra – The Throat Chakra
- The Vishuddha Chakra is located at the base of the throat, which coincides with the thyroid gland.
- The chakra radiates bright blue colour and represents the element space.
- It represents expression, faith, inspiration and the ability to communicate.
- A slight imbalance of this chakra can lead to quietness, weakness, inability to express and timidity.
- Thus, balancing the Throat Chakra can stimulate itself by positive self-expression, satisfaction, constructive communication and creativity.
- By Practicing Shoulderstand (Sarvangasana) and Plough Pose (Halasana), one can manifest your Throat Chakra.
Ajna Chakra – The Third Eye Chakra
- The Third Eye Chakra is located in between the eyebrows. It doesn’t have any element but radiates an indigo blue colour.
- It is used as the focal point during the asana practice and brings about more awareness and concentration.
- It is rightly believed that meditation on Ajna Chakra kills all the karmas of your past lives, liberates your soul and enhances your intuitional knowledge.
- The attributes of the Third Eye Chakra are understanding, intuition, self-knowledge, insight and intelligence.
- This chakra imbalance can make you feel non-assertive, afraid of success, and physical issues like blurry vision, eye strain, and headaches.
- Balanced Chakra makes you free of attachment to material things.
- The Third Eye Chakra stimulates by practising Headstand (Shirshasana).
Sahastrara Chakra – The Crown Chakra
- The Sahastrara Chakra is located at the crown of the head.
- It doesn’t represent any element but radiates violet or white colour.
- This chakra is the centre of spirituality, dynamic, energy, enlightenment and thought.
- When it is out of balance, you might suffer from a constant sense of frustration, destructive feelings and zero sparks of joys.
- The Crown Chakra’s balancing is easily stimulated by practising Headstand (Shirshasana).
Keeping all your chakras in check by adapting yoga asana along with Reiki can help you balance out all the seven chakras of your body. Start practising Yoga and Reiki today!